The New Year's Resolution: Day 1


Welcome to 2014 everybody! I'm stoked. I think 1-1-14 looks so much nicer than 1-1-13. The number 14 just seems to sophisticated.

Not to discount 2013. I had a blast and a half in 2013. The other day I wrote a little post on Facebook recapping the year. It got 57 likes, which I thought was so weird because I wrote it on Facebook thinking, "Oh nobody goes on Facebook ever anymore to make comments and things, so I can just write this sappy little thing and nobody will see it." Well I had three different people walk up to me at the New Year's party last night telling me how great they thought it was. I wrote it on my iPhone while I watched House Hunters International with my dad, but whatever. I'll include it here.

Things I did this year:
  • Spent a LOT of time in the Dance Gallery with +Taylor Renft ...actually I just spend a lot of time in general with Taylor Renft.

  • Barely survived two snow days in a row. By barely, I mean I spent them locked in my room and/or crying in my shower. I would consider this the low of the year.
  • Had the flu consistently for a solid three months.
  • Successfully put on Rock Chalk Revue 2013: All Bets Are Off. Had an absolute blast doing it. This was the best part of 2013.
    awesome pic of the awards ceremony by George Mullinix
  • Had some killer dance parties in the kitchen of 1334. Plenty of gin and syrup for everyone. 
  • Spent a few days on the beach with all of my friends in Gulf Shores, Alabama. 
    The Zebra Limo!
  • Celebrated "GraduHATIN'" at any chance I could get.
  • Walked down the hill and graduated from the University of Kansas. It was overwhelming.

  • Watched a LOT of Netflix.
  • Had a great summer bartending and screwing around with my friends in Lawrence.
    Great lake trip 
  • Went to Dallas to see BeyoncĂ©. It was amazing. All hail the queen. 
  • Surprised Uncle Richie with a great celebration for his retirement in Houston.
  • Got to see Cinderella on Broadway in New York City. I was absolutely mesmerized and I loved every single second of it. 
  • Drank some fireball and saw Book of Mormon in Chicago. Hilarious times with hilarious friends.
    Missing Nate in this pic, but here's the Chicago crew
  • Cried legitimate tears as I drove out of Lawrence for the last time ever as a resident.
  • Cried legitimate tears as I came to the realization that I have no idea what the heck I'm doing with my life. 
  • I cried a lot this year. 
  • Made an awesome Rapunzel Halloween costume.

  • Started coaching at KC Cheer. I forgot how much I love cheerleading.
  • Packed up and moved to Houston to live with Adam Lewis for a while.
  • Witnessed Fierce 5 perform a flawless routine and win the gym's first ever paid bid to Worlds. Cried then too.
    Rabe and I with Harrison after his awesome performance
  • Turned 23 years old on Thanksgiving Day, and got tickets to see Matilda on Broadway to celebrate.

  • Also got to see Wicked, Newsies, Beauty and the Beast, and the Little Mermaid. Good Lord I'm a lucky little shit. 
I have the most fantastic family and friends who have made 2013 interesting AF. Lots of stuff crossed off the bucket list, minimal amounts of shitty things happened. And now for the first time in 23 years, I enter a year with absolutely no plan whatsoever. Lets dance, 2014

All in all, deece year.


No comments:

Post a Comment