my own little personal homecoming

The weekend was fabulous. Lots of great things happening. I got to go back to Lawrence for the basketball game and all the festivities that accompanied. It was like a mini homecoming, what with everyone still in school returning for the semester, and since it's a long weekend lots of my out of town graduated friends made an appearance. I was in my ELEMENT. I love Lawrence, and since graduation it has not felt as much as "home" as it used to. This weekend it felt just like home and I loved it. 

I love a good reunion. Especially the ones that happen when you share a big experience with people and you come together with them long after it has ended and reminisce on your good times. I love it when the other members of the experience are just as excited about it as me, because I sometimes think in my own brain that I cling too tightly to those memories and other people don't treasure stuff as much as I do because I have an overly romanticized brain and live in a fantasy world. Well this weekend I was pleasantly surprised by these fools:


Who you may remember from this: 


The three of them put up with my psychoness for a solid year, but Rock Chalk Revue 2012 was like one of my top experiences of college. So I was ecstatic to run into all three of them in Lawrence. Once they realized we were all standing right there one of them was like OMG WE HAVE TO GET A PICTURE. I was beside myself. I love it when people get as excited about stuff as I do. It rarely happens because I'm always excited about everything. But it was a great photo, and I had a great conversation with them reminiscing on how psycho I was and how much fun we had. Just like we were back in the midst of things, back to a time that i LOVED.  I also got to see lots of other friends whom I haven't seen in a while, and they're all doing fabulously. That's all I can ask for. 

All in all, great weekend, great friends, great reunions. Lots of cause to celebrate and appreciate all of the good people in my life. 

I'm pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment