It's Still Snowing

You guys, I really just hate the snow so much. 

I just woke up and looked out my window, and the majority of what I see is covered in white. It would be one thing if it was sunny out and the snow sparkled and I didn't have anywhere I needed to be and everything I needed to do could be delivered to my bed so I didn't have to move....

...but that's just not the case. 

Now, I have a bit of a predisposition to hate the snow. I've got rheumatoid arthritis and the cold makes all my joints swell up and it's like three times the effort to do ANYTHING when it's cold out, but I also just really hate how inconvenient it makes everything. When I was younger I loved a good snow day (you're not a real kid if you don't), but now snow means I just can't drive anywhere quickly and do what I need to do. 

Last year during my spring semester of my senior year we had two snow days in a row, and they were the two worst days of my entire semester. It was right in the middle of the biggest most important week for Rock Chalk Revue, the project I had spent all year killing myself working on, and I had SO MUCH STUFF TO DO. I had to walk through the snow from place to place to get everything done, which was miserable, and I had to do it alone because Taylor was snowed in. Not to mention all of my roommates were drunk beyond recognition the entire day, and we weren't responsible or smart enough to realize that we should probably have stocked up on extra food in days prior in case we couldn't drive. 

You know when you're out at a bar and everyone is drunk except you and it is SO ANNOYING and you're like "okay I'm only here for another hour or so and then I can go back to my house..." Yeah well it was like that except you were already at your house so there was no escape, and it was an entire 48 hours instead of "only another hour or so." I spent the majority of the time locked in my bathroom in the shower crying. I was so stressed out. Plus freezing. Plus aching. Also, I had to go bartend with one of my friends who apparently wasn't speaking to me (I had no idea until weeks later, that's how stressed out and caught up in my own self I was.) UGH IT WAS JUST THE WORST. 

At least with my current state of unemployment, I have nowhere I NEED to be. I can actually get away with spending my entire day under 14 blankets. So I guess that's lucky. But I HAD PLANS THIS EVENING and I really do have a job interview tomorrow. So no matter how crappy it is outside I'm going to have to go out in the snow. The stupid, dumb, freezing, ugly snow. Ugh. I just hate it so much. 

Also the Chiefs lost, so just kick us while we're down how about it Mother Nature. 

Woof. Anyone want to travel to a beach with me? If you need me I'm still here, under blankets, with netflix. 

Sincerrrrrrely,


No comments:

Post a Comment