klew on the golden globes 2014

Ok so, the Golden Globes were last night and here's what I thought about it.

1. AMY POEHLER IS LITERALLY EVERYTHING I ASPIRE TO BE EVER OF ALL TIME EVER. Oh my god she's perfect. I think she's hilarious all the time, and so obviously I loved the fact that her and Tina Fey hosted again this year. I laughed my ass off at everything they did. I was also so glad she won for her role as Leslie Knope on Parks and Rec, one of my favorite shows ever. You rock Amy, I wish someday I'm exactly like you.


2. Who the hell planned the seating arrangement in that ballroom? Did anyone else feel like it took everyone like 3 minutes too long to walk up to the stage to accept their awards? Shoutout to Robin Wright who showed a little hustle as she ran to the stage. Jesus. Also they had like some of the biggest stars of all time chillin in the back, meanwhile Taylor Swift was front and center at a table with Meryl Streep. That, my friends, is beyond me. I feel like Rock Chalk Revue 2013 went off with less of a hitch than this year's Golden Globes, and that was put on by a bunch of drunk college kids.



3. WHAT THE F HAPPENED WITH THAT BRITISH LADY? (Jacqueline Bisset is apparently her name) It took her an eternity to stand up, walk to the stage, and start talking. Did anyone else think that that was SO INCREDIBLY AWKWARD? I was dumbfounded after that happened.  Was she drunk? I didn't know what to make of that. Here's a video clip of it.



4. I am in love with Emma Thompson. She came out with her shoes in one hand and a martini in the other. She's hilarious. She should host next year (unless of course, Amy and Tina are down to host for a third time.)

5. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS AND THE E-CIG. Hahahahahahhahah I laughed right out loud at this. She is so hilarious. 



6. I think Sarah Hyland and I would be great friends. This is kind of Golden Globes irrelevant but idc. I follow her on Twitter/Instagram and she tweets a lot about Cinderella on Broadway, Beyonce, and fast food. Last night she posted a picture of Sofia Vergara drinking tequila. She's just tryin to have a good time, and I respect that. Sarah, if you're reading this, YES I'LL BE FRIENDS WITH YOU OKAY?



7. Speaking of Sofia Vergara, I thought she looked FAB last night. I usually don't love her red carpet looks as much as everyone else does, but I thought she looked fantastic. I loved the necklace, and the fact that it was different than her usual mermaid dress. 

8. Thought Julie Bowen looked fab too. I was all about Modern Family cast last night apparently. 

9. Speaking of Julie Bowen, she was on stage when this happened. 
I thought this was awesome. Seth Meyers was SO STOKED for Andy Samberg to win the award for best actor in a comedy. I was pretty stoked too, since I think Brooklyn Nine Nine is pretty hilarious. I'm not sure it should have won best comedy, but whatever. I loved this moment.

10. Some of my other fashion faves were Emma Watson, Kate Beckensale, Sandra Bullock, Olivia Wilde and as much as I hate to say it, Taylor Swift. I thought Lena Dunham's dress was horrible, as was Hayden Panettiere's. I was kinda bummed about Hayden too, because I usually think she looks stunning. Also Jennifer Lawrence and Kerry Washington. I was underwhelmed by their dresses.


11. Everything Jennifer Lawrence does is perfect though so who cares about her dress. 

 12. ALL MEN WERE OVER SPRAYTANNED. ALL. 



13. When I get famous and win a Golden Globe, I'm probably going to give a four second speech and drop the mic and walk off. That's just how I'm picturing it in my head. 

14. I love Jimmy Fallon and always will for as long as I live. 


That's all I have to say I think. Overall, I loved it. Extremely entertaining evening of television. Now tonight there's another episode of the Bachelor. Woo Woo Woo. Unrelated note, I probably should get a job because I find myself getting far too excited about television at this point. 





No comments:

Post a Comment