WHAT I LISTENED TO THIS WEEK

My postgraduate work life can be dull. I order things. I talk to customers. I process insurance. Could be worse, could be better. But what I can do, which is the best, is play music all day. Music is my favorite thing. I listen at work, in the shower, to fall asleep, to wake up, all the time always. I come home, I play the piano (badly) and pretend I'm the fifth, and only lady, Beatle. Sending friends music on Spotify is my favorite hobby. I'll try listening to anything. I'm going to attempt to make these weekly. Let's see how it goes.

Since this is the first, I'll put a couple of songs I've loved this month.

From Eden- Hozier



I've listened to this song an INSANE AMOUNT in the past week and a half or so. This is a live version, but the recorded version for EP From Eden is soooo lovely and you'll like singing it in your car. I know very little about this guy, other than he is Irish. I love the Irish, you guys. 


Stay With Me- Sam Smith




Could have gone with ANY SAM SMITH SONG AT ALL that has been released to this point. I fell in love with him via Latch by Disclosure (zero percent chance I won't bring up Disclosure again somewhere along the line of these posts), I just find his voice stunning and his aesthetic beautiful. His music is so simple, and so honest, and so lovely, such an antidote to the hyper-layered pop that can be almost overwhelming sometimes. Also he is SO YOUNG and British and I just wanna pinch his cute cheeks and be his best friend. LOVE Sam Smith, adore this song. His full album comes out soon and I am SO JAZZED YOU GUYS.

Say You'll Be There- Mø



You can tell me this isn't the coolest cover you've ever heard, and I'll tell you you're lying.


Whenever, Wherever- Bombay Bicycle Club


A band I've loved for a few years, this song makes me feel invincible, even though the lyrics are relatively sad ("words that'll ease you, words that are always dressed up to please you" is one of my favorite lines in recent memory). The music is irrepressible. It's a song that sounds like spring. I hope you love it too.


Falling- Yuna

Yuna is a Malaysian singer songwriter who is genuinely blowing my mind. Her cover of Drake's Hold On We're Going Home is on Spotify- listen to it, fall in love. Then listen to her two albums, and fall more in love. To go with this falling theme, enjoy the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment