Songs we would sing if we were in a Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle

Okay you guys,

As you have probably seen, Emma Stone was recently on Jimmy Fallon and they had a lip sync battle that was absolutely hilarious. If you haven't seen it, I'm nice enough to provide you with a link.



The enjoyment of this clip has sparked a spirited discussion between Hoven and I: What would WE sing if we were ever on Fallon? Which two songs, when juxtaposed next to one another, would elicit the most laughter/wonderment out of the audience and Mr. Fallon himself? We tossed around a TON of ideas (sorry 'Call Me Maybe' and 'Fight For Your Right To Party,' you came close, but no cigar), and both decided on our final two. Well, I still can't 100% commit, but someday I'll get there.

Then we became curious as to what other people would say.

So we asked a ton of people. Friends, family, basically anybody we talk to with any sort of regularity. We asked what songs THEY would choose should they ever find themselves in a situation where they had to face the great Jimmy Fallon in a lip sync battle. Every single one of them was nice enough to humor us/text us back. A lot of them replied almost instantly without any hesitation. Those were probably the ones that gave us the biggest laugh, and those are the ones listed below that don't really have any other commentary. Those were the people who had thought about this just has hard as we had, and for that, we salute them. Others really took the question to heart and pondered and thought until they were able to provide us with their perfect answer. Those are equally as funny, and we have included some of their thought proceesses. Anyways, here ya go. Enjoy. Let us know who you think would kick the most ass.

Klew - Overland Park, KS

"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness. I know all of the words and it's really fast and I could CRUSH IT.

For my second, I feel like I would need to send it home with my amazing lip sync belting skills. I'm torn between "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" by Celine Dion and "Don't Rain on My Parade" by Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl, because I kill both of those in the car. Such RAW FAKE PASSION PEOPLE. Probably the Celine song just because more people know it, but I like Barbara's better.

Also side note if Broadway showtunes were widely known and were acceptable to lip sync battle everything would be different. (Eponine, Elphaba, Elle Woods...I could go forever. You would literally have to yank me off the stage.)

Hoven - Chester, NJ

"Spice Up Your Life" by the Spice Girls. 1. Because I BELIEVE IN IT, every boy and every girl. 2. Built in dance moves.

"Monster" by Kanye West, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and NICKI MINAJ- specifically Nicki's verse because IT'S THE MOTTO IDIOTS. YOU COULD BE THE KING BUT WATCH THE QUEEN CONQUER. (Sorry to my brothers who find it disturbing that I know every word to this song.)

+Taylor Renft - Prairie Village, KS

"'Car Wash.' The Shark Tale version."
(She's had a long week.)

Dan Woodward - Aquinas? TCU? KU? Baylor? We're unsure

"Definitely 'Super Bass' by Nicki Minaj LOLz. Also Beyoncé's 'Love on Top' because I killed that as a solo in Aussie Land. Shoutout to you for that Klew."
(it's true. he knew nothing of that song before I showed it to him.)

Victoria Zonko - Lenexa, KS

"Shoop" by Salt n Peppa 
"Countdown" by Beyoncé
(She's one of the ones that had no hesitation. All hail the queen Zonko. All hail the queen.)

Shanna Stonestreet - Lenexa, KS

"'Paradise by the Dashboard Light' by Meatloaf. It's my favorite song to sing."
(Again, no hesitation.)

Anna Thomas - Kansas City, MO

"'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen and 'Come and Get It' by Selena Gomez. Done."
(This is infuriating because Bones sends about 900 Snapchats of herself singing Come and Get it per week.)

Cara Keeble - St. Louis, MO

"Possibly 'La Vie Boheme' rom Rent but not enough people know it, so 'Prince Ali' from Aladdin. There are enough fast words to show you know the song, and enough big notes to go crazy.

(Keeble is clearly on the same page as me in the showtunes department, and strategic. She'll win against Jimmy with this for sure. A Klew/Keeble lip sync battle would be one for the books. Can you say all Disney ever?!)

Emily McCartney - Los Angeles, CA

"Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground and "It's Raining Men."
(This was a surprising answer, since Emmy is a DIE HARD Kelly Clarkson fan. After I asked her about it, she started to feel bad and now I think she's re-thinking.)

Katie Wells - Lawrence, KS

"Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John.

Shanah Gaskill - Dallas, TX

"Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix A Lot.

Maddy Finch - San Antonio, TX

"Like a Virgin" by Madonna and "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi

+Jesse Hoffman - Kansas City, MO

"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.
(With the understanding that it's so long he would only get one.)

Darby Evans - Barcelona, Spain

"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen and "I Say A Little Prayer For You" by Dionne Warwick. (Considering matching Darby up against Jesse. That would actually be the most hilarious lipsync battle. )

Drew Auer - Lawrence, KS

'I Will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston and 'Miss New Booty.' She also answered "All the Small Things" by Blink-182. 

+Kerry Benn - New York, NY

"One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies. She said because she'd love to nail that really fast "Chickity China, the Chinese chicken" part. Similarly, "Ignition (Remix)" by R. Kelly.

She also said she would choose anything by Christina Aguilera because that girl can sing.

Elizabeth Raplinger - Dallas, TX

"Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice and "Let's Groove" by Earth Wind and Fire.

(Apparently Zee is a fifty year old dad?)

+Lauren Vanlandingham - Kansas City, MO

"What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction and "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé.

(She didn't think these really needed any explanation. Also I think this is Lauren daydreaming about who she would want to show up to WATCH her lipsync these. Aka I think Lauren might have been daydreaming about dating Harry Styles again while making this choice.)

Jordan Kelly - Kansas City, MO:

"I only need one. 'Strawberry Wine.' I'd probably sing it too."

Megan Wells - On the Titanic.

"Undo It" by Carrie Underwood and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.
(This is like, the most "Megan Wells" answer you can possibly give.)

Nate Watson - Chicago, IL

"'N***as in Paris' by Kanye and Jay-Z"
(His reply was almost instantaneous. Of course Nate, of course.)

Sam Logan - Kauffman Stadium

"Easy. 'Rude Boy' by Riri. then to bring it home I'd counter with the opposite, 'Promiscuous Girl' by Nelly Furtado."
(Hoven backs me when I say that I would possibly pay to see this happen)

+Elizabeth Albani - Parkville, MO

"Honestly, probably something Dixie Chicks. Or maybe 'Total Eclipse of the Heart.' A throwback of some sort."
(Everyone imagine Liz belting 'Total Eclipse.' I think she wins overall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment