Enjoyed/Enraged - Pop Culture 4.28

Okay this one is pretty quick because it's been a crazy week. But....

ENJOYED

The Cheerleading Worlds Happened


You guys, I'm not even going to spend that much time explaining it because you will never understand how cool this is. It's a weekend of amazing cheerleading and it's in Disney World. You do the math.

EXCEPT I WILL SAY THAT KC CHEER FIERCE 5 WON FOURTH PLACE!!! THAT IS SO AMAZING! It's the highest any KC Cheer team has ever finished, and there were 91 teams in their division. I am the proudest proud proud alum.








Emma Stone Totally Killed It In her Jimmy Fallon Lip Sync Battle


Emma Stone was on Jimmy Fallon this week and they did a lip sync battle. It. Was. Hilarious. She killed him. This has also led to many a spirited discussion on what we would sing if we were to ever find ourselves amidst a Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle. That post is coming soon y'all, because we had some funny responses.

The Tony Nominations were on Tuesday


I couldn't properly stalk them on the internet because I was in Disney World and had more important things to worry about (HELLO CINDERELLA'S CASTLE), so I don't really know a whole lot about them. All I know is that it means the Tony's are coming up and they will be on TV and I can DVR them and re-watch the performances over and over like I did with the Cinderella performance last year. Idina Menzel and Sutton Foster are both nominated for Best Actress in a musical and they are both TO DIE FOR.  As are the others nominated in that category. I've heard that Jessie Mueller is BRILLIANT in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Also Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder is nominated for like 5000 things so now I am interested in that. Too bad we didn't see that coming, because we could've gotten ahead of it like we did for Aladdin. We bought Aladdin tickets for our upcoming trip in August and now it's nominated for Best Musical, so the ticket prices are way more expensive than they were when we bought them. HOWS THAT FOR BEING ECONOMICALLY SAVVY!?!?!?!

Watch this video of Audra McDonald as Billie Holiday in "Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill." She's nominated as well. This is amazing. She sounds EXACTLY LIKE HER. Also if she wins she'll make history as the first woman to win six Tony awards. That's amazing, you guys.



Enraged


HEYYYY WE WANT SOME ORANGE RAYS! Is not the real words to the song. 



This was a huge dissapointment. The Stingray AllStars Orange is like, my favorite cheerleading team. They have won worlds 8 TIMES. EIGHT PEOPLE. And their dance music this year was like "HEYYYYY WE WANT SOME ORANGE RAYS!!" and I loved it. I found out this week that that is actually based on a real song, and the words to the real song are inappropriate and I refuse to ever sing any words besides the Orange Rays words.

Beyonce & Jay-Z Are going on tour!


Thats right people. It's happening. The 21st Century Bonnie & Clyde. The King and Queen. THEY'RE GOING ON TOUR. Normally this would be a LOVE because I HAVE THE STRONGEST LOVE FOR QUEEN BEY but I'm putting it in the hate column because a. It's not coming to Kansas City, and b. I can't go see it. Zee spent like three days on the phone trying to get tickets (it was near impossible. EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THEM DUH) and she DID OMG! She got four tickets to the Dallas show and she was thoughtful enough to set one aside for me! But alas, it is the same weekend as my cousin's wedding. I'm not too bummed, because weddings rock and my fam rocks, and I DID get to see Beyoncé fly through the air in a sparkly jumpsuit in Dallas last summer. It was everything, you guys. I love Beyoncé. So whatever. Zee, you're just going to have to give me a detailed description. DO YOU THINK THEY'LL SING DEJA VU BECAUSE I SING THE BEYONCÉ PARTS OF THAT IN MY CAR AND PRETEND IM DOING A DUET WITH JAY-Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment