Pop culture week of 5/5

Mindy finale was the best half hour of television that ever was



IT WAS SO GOOD WHY WAS IT ONLY 30 MINUTES? WHY DO WE NOT WORK FOR HER? HOW DO WE BECOME WRITERS FOR THAT SHOW? HOW DO WE MEET MINDY? HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


Danny did a catfish thing where he pretended to be some prince charming dude for Mindy and it was really him. I got so mad at Danny for being dumb and faking that guy but I also felt hella smart/aware that I watch too many movies when I knew it was him. Also that guy that it was supposed to be looked SO FAMILIAR WHERE IS HE FROM.

Heaving, sweating, dressed like a fashionable French librarian, half passed out on the Empire State Building observation deck. She's A QUEEN. I would not run up all those stairs for true love, I don't think.

There were SO MANY parallels to chick flicks and romantic comedies, but she did them in her own funny, relevant, Mindy way. I'm always so impressed with her writing when I watch this show. You guys I seriously aspire to be just like her. 

What's best about Mindy is that she STANDS UP FOR HERSELF. Danny did some stupid stuff and she said so. She's my hero. I always find it's so easy to stick up for other people, which Mindy does occasionally, but it's really hard to stick up for yourself. Mindy does that all the time. I like it. She's very 'live and let live' but emphasis on LET ME LIVE. 

The interview w Barbara Walters and V. Stiviano

Donald Sterling's mistress wife lady friend woman of significance spoke out in her first interview since he got booted from the NBA FO LIFE. I only saw the clips of it that they showed on Fallon, but the word I would use to describe it? Vapid. Jimmy couldn't keep a straight face when he was talking about it. I thought it was hilarious.

Met Gala

The Met Gala was on Monday. It's one of my favorite events to stalk the fashion because people were absolutely stunning gowns. My ultimate favorite was Hayden Panettiere. OMG. Loved it. I also really liked Emmy Rossum, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Selena Gomez. I have included photos of all. Thanks Vogue. 


This Shark Gif Exists




I giggled at it for an entire evening and then texted it to basically everyone in my phonebook that I talk to with any sort of regularity.


Local theatre- support it dudez


We kind of forgot to post this, so Hoven saw 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and it made her feel feelings. She's right. Support local theater. It's cool, and there are some amazing stories that you could discover.


















That's really all we got this week. Mindy rules, gowns rule, sharks rule. Nothing sucks that much.





No comments:

Post a Comment