Carly Rae Jepsen is Cinderella and I have a lot of feelings about it.

You guys, today's the day.

Carly Rae Jepsen is starting as Cinderella on Broadway.


At first I was so mad about it. I am obsessed with Laura Osnes, and was so sad to hear she was leaving. She's literally perfect as Cinderella, and while I know nobody stays in a role forever, it was just a heartbreaking reality to have to embrace. She did do a Princess Diary about her last performance as Cinderella though and it was the perfect way for her to say goodbye. I loved every second. Thanks for being a phenomenal Cinderella Laura, you were inspiring AF when I saw you, and I think you're a badass. Love ya, Mean it.




Sarah Hyland was on my side too. Im TELLING YOU PEOPLE. We would be friends.



I didn't want Carly Rae to do it mostly because I didn't want to see Laura leave. But I also got all worked up because CINDERELLA IS MY THING TO BE CRAZY OBSESSED ABOUT AND NOW I HAVE TO SHARE IT WITH A BUNCH OF TEENY BOPPER IDIOTS WHO ONLY ARE INTERESTED IN IT BECAUSE OF CARLY RAE. Like, I don't want to see Cinderella on the pages of freakin tiger beat magazine. It's my thing. Leave me alone.

Also like Rodgers & Hammerstein's story is NOT the Disney story that everyone knows. When people got on social media and were like "WHY IS SHE CINDERELLA SHES NOT BLONDE" I got so mad because 1. wigs and 2. SHE DOESNT HAVE TO BE BLONDE. The R&H version is so much more about Cinderella herself and how to be kind to people and follow your dreams. I didn't want Carly Rae to come in all "disney" and ruin the amazing image Laura and the Original Broadway Cast have given us. 

BUTTTT I do really enjoy Carly Rae. I'm that girl who still loves when Call Me Maybe comes on, and I love that she's been posting a ton of stuff on her instagram about behind the scenes at Cinderella. The news of her being the new lead has brought Cinderella up in a lot of different places so it's making it a lot easier for me to be obsessed with it :) hehe I have to dig less. Also she's not going all Disney on us. She's doing a good job at keeping up what's already there (from what I can tell on social media anyways)

Exhibit A: She was in the New York Times

There are so many people that are like OMG SHES GOING TO BE AWFUL AT IT SHES GOING TO SUCK SHES NOT BROADWAY MATERIAL. Those people need to chill out. Obviously they wouldn't have cast her if she couldn't physically do the job. I also think she's got a good head on her shoulders and has a squeaky clean image and seems really nice.

So I guess I'm okay with Carly Rae being Cinderella. I'm excited to hear the songs as she sings them, and if you really think about it, it's probably a dream come true for her. So ya while I'm bummed that Laura Osnes isn't Cinderella anymore, if any star had to step into these glass slippers, I'm glad its her. Good Luck today Carly Rae, hope you crush it. Go make a ton of girls feel as inspired as Laura Osnes made me feel.

(but I still like to whine about how much I miss Laura with Katie Martin and passively agressively comment on all of the Instagrams when I'm upset)

I love Cinderella you guys. Like an unhealthy amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment