The Brooklyn Bridge is really cool

Today we had nothing planned, so we decided to do the Brooklyn Bridge. It was top of Lauren's list of things to do, and I had never been. We took the subway to Brooklyn and then walked the bridge back to Manhattan.

The views on the bridge were AMAZING. Amazing amazing amazing. You can see literally everything.


I loved to see the Freedom Tower and all that, but I will always love the view of the Empire State Building best. It's just so...New York. Not that the Freedom Tower isn't, but I like looking over toward the Empire State Building. Also super bummed we didn't go to the 9/11 memorial because I've heard it's absolutely breathtaking.


After our trip across the Bridge we had lunch in Chinatown. We ate at a place with a B in the window. I know, I KNOW, you're not supposed to do that. But whatevs. We did it. Nobody died. It was delicious. We shopped around SoHo for a while, and then we were in need of a fat nap. All three of us crashed on our couch for a solid two hours. I wonder how many miles we walked during this trip. 

Once we woke up from our nap we headed back into midtown to eat Juniors for dinner. If you know me you know I wasn't about to leave NYC without a milkshake from this place. Juniors, you're too good to me. 


We also got to go see Kyle and Shannon's apartment tonight. They live in a GORGEOUS studio apartment in TriBeCa. We just hung out and had drinks on their rooftop, which has a view just as gorgeous as the ones from the Brooklyn Bridge. It was also awesome to get to spend time with the fam. This was the second time I got to hang out with Ky and Shannon THIS SUMMER. That's so rare and it's a lucky thing. 


New York City, you look so good on us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment