Shades of Blue I like

Okay fine. I love all shades of blue. I even have a pinterest board just dedicated to blue stuff. Whatever. I'm really bored and have realized I haven't made a list in a while, so I figured I'd do this. Gives me an excuse to look at blue things on the internet.

8. Navy

I like navy better than I like black. I would say that navy IS my black. To me it just seems to be a more friendly version of black. Plus when you pair it with gold? I love that. I also love when navy is used for nautical-inspired things. I feel like when you pair black with another color it can be very harsh, but when you pair it with navy it is much more inviting.



7. Blue so light it's almost grey

I'm going to have a wedding dress like this. I think it's so ethereal and cool. Don't try to talk me out of it. Also future husband, you're going to have to deal with it.

Photo Credit: frenchweddingstyle.com


6. Mint

So maybe this is more in the "green" family, but I love it. I love to pair it with gold.



5. Aqua

Aqua is different than sky blue in that it has a bit more power to it. Like aqua punches you in the face while sky blue just kind of gives you a nice little slap.



4. Sky Blue

You know what I'm talking about. That bright, happy blue. I'd also probably call this powder blue? It's just so pure.

Photo Credit: katespade.com


3. Blue Ombre

I'm so glad that ombre became stylish recently, because I would say it's my favorite "pattern." I am dying to get my own place so I can try a blue ombre wall. A zillion shades of blue that all fade into one another like a sunset, only blue? Yes please.

Photo Credit: babble.com

2. Royal Blue

Royal blue is just so strikingly beautiful. When most girls want to wear a "shocking" color they pick neon yellow or hot pink, I pick Royal Blue. I wore this amazing royal blue dress to graduation. I just love it so much. It can be so clean cut and pure, but when you do it right it can also be so striking and bold. My fingernails are literally always royal blue (Butler Please by Essie. Try not to fall in love. I dare you.)

Photo Credit: Beautopia


1. Klew Blue

I'm lucky enough to have my own version of blue. I mean, I guess all of these colors have been referred to as "klew blue" at some point or another, but for graduation Jesse gave me a poster that he made into my own Pantone Color. It's the color of the sparkle in Cinderella's ball gown, and when the sky is the sunniest and at its most beautiful, it is klew blue. Water is klew blue when the sun hits it so that it sparkles, and cotton candy that you buy at baseball games is klew blue. It guess it's not so much a color, but more of an overall attitude. It's my personality all encompassed into one color. I think it's so cool that you can describe me using a color. I think that is such a bright and positive thing, because color is what gives this world life and vibrance.



No comments:

Post a Comment