Our Day Trip to Sayville

Of course, we took a day trip to my hometown of Sayville, NY. I think we kind of needed the relaxation after we walked SO MUCH yesterday. We took the train to Sayville in the morning and stayed all day long.

We went sailing with Jay and Deb. It was really fun to see them and to try to go out on the water. I got a little bit seasick because it was SO WINDY on the water. We had to come back in early because of how windy it was. We spent the rest of the day chilling in their new hot tub and walking around downtown Sayville. Of course we made a visit to Sayville Chocolatier


Jay and Deb fed us some authentic NY Pizza because Lauren still hadn't had any at that point and we got back on the train to get back to the city in time for our show. 

We saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder tonight. It won the 2014 Tony Award for Best Musical, and I can definitely see why. It was very well-written and the actors were INSANELY talented. It's the story of  a guy named Monty, who realizes after his mother has died that he's the heir to a large fortune, with 8 people ahead of him. He spends the entire show trying to kill all 8 of them off, and all 8 family members are played by the same guy. The part of the family members is usually played by Jefferson Mays, but we saw his understudy. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but I still love any chance I get to see a Broadway production. It was one of those ones where they sing a LOT of their lines and in thick British accents so you had to pay really close attention to what they were saying or you could miss major plot points. Plus I had a girl sitting in front of me who was like laying on the balcony railing and I couldn't really see that well behind her. Whatever. 

I think Bryce Pinkham, the actor who plays the lead role Monty, looks kind of like Jack Wellner from where we were sitting. That was entertaining.

After the show we went out for a drink at a bar called 230 Fifth. It's called that because the address is 230 Fifth Ave. Clever, I know, but the view is STUNNING. You can clearly see the Empire State Building right in front of your face, which I think is so cool. We had a drink there and then went to meet up with my cousin Kyle and his friends at a bar called the Windsor. I think it was in SoHo? I'm not sure. I just told the cab driver to take us to the address. 


The Windsor was kind of like a NYC Hawk, so we felt right at home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment