i hate the train.

Since I'm living in Sayville this summer I have to take the train into work. I guess it's a small price to pay considering I'm living in an awesome house for free.

We started off the week just riding into the city practicing how to ride the train. It's really idiot-proof actually. You get on, they punch your ticket, tell you which stop to change on, and you just ride. for 90 minutes. from Sayville into Penn Station.

I absolutely despise the train. I think it's such a waste of time. I don't understand how people can live their whole lives commuting from Long Island into the city. I have been commuting for two weeks and I already feel like I have wasted a great deal of my life on the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR). It takes for hackin ever (about an hour and a half, depending on which one you get on) and you can't talk on your phone or else other people get mad. I've bought myself a kindle so that I have a bunch of stuff to read. I've already finished a book and a half.

The train is lonely. I ride it at like 7am NY time which is 6am KS time...aka nobody is awake to keep me company via text message every morning as I ride the stupid train. I get off of work at 5:00 and there is a 5:09 train to Sayville. I've gotten pretty good at running to catch it. I'm lucky that my office is only 2 blocks from the train station. But nothing is more irritating than running to catch it, missing it, and having to sit and wait in the smelly train station for the 5:36....which is 20 minutes of a longer ride than the 5:09..

This is probably the one thing keeping me from up and leaving and moving to Long Island already. That, and the fact that all my pals are still in Kansas.

Did I mention I hate the train?

No comments:

Post a Comment