60 blocks.


So I started my first week off here pretty well. I got to see Daniel Radcliffe in a Broadway show, I ate a ton of great pizza, and did some shopping with ML...I was off to a pretty good start until my second day of work.....we had to run an errand and we had the address...so we decided we would walk....as you can see from the map I have provided...that was AN AWFUL IDEA. It was literally 100 degrees outside and I walked 40 some blocks in long pants and a black top...I wasn't expecting to walk that day so I had on a pair of crappy sandals...and to top it all off we got LOST. so we were wandering around Times Square looking for a place that was on 5th avenue......epic failure. 


Later that day I was supposed to Meet Kerry & Kyle & Kyle for dinner. Ky got a lengthy dinner break so we decided it would be a great idea. And it was great to have dinner with them...but I got out of work at 5 and had nothing to do until Kerry and Kyle got out at 7...so I wandered around the city...I probably walked about three miles while I was killing time.

At the end of the day I calculated...I probably walked about 10 miles the entire day. Combined with the fact that I have arthritis and recently flew on a plane...i ABSOLUTELY paid for this day....

I spent my entire first weekend here stuck in bed with huge ice packs wrapped around my legs. My arthritis FREAKED OUT from all the walking and the new environment and the stress and everything and my hip joins, jaw joints, knees, and back all swelled to 20983473209 times their size. it was absolutely awful. Luckily I had taken the train to Wyckoff for my grandma's birthday so she and my aunt were there to take care of my pathetic ass. I didn't want to be a total buzz kill though...so i got pushed around the mall in a wheelchair....sweet life.

After 3 days in bed watching TV and riding around in a wheelchair, it all sorted itself out. It was awful...but it's okay now.

So pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment