We got tickets to jimmy fallon

Okay, so I’m not sure if you know this, but Jesse, Lauren and I are going to New York City in August. We're seeing Aladdin, Cinderella, and A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder (Yeah. We bought tickets to that the DAY AFTER it won the TONY. We're good at what we do). The whole time we've been planning this trip we've been daydreaming about the possibility of going to see The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. I've heard it's pretty complicated to get tickets, so we’ve been STALKING Late Night with Jimmy Fallon for about 2 months now for inside information. I follow them on all Social Media outlets and have read COUNTLESS articles about acquiring tickets to see the show.

Learning the Patterns

So I've been monitoring the ticket website since May, and I've realized he releases tickets one month at a time, and usually releases them at the beginning of the month for the NEXT month (so he released August at the beginning of June). He also sometimes tweets out when the tickets will be released, but he hadn't done that consistently since May. At this point I figured trying to get Fallon tickets was probably going to be a lost cause.  I have the “get tickets” website bookmarked and I check it hourly in hopes of gaining information about August Ticket releases. Well yesterday I was half-assedly reading through Twitter and just HAPPENED to stumble upon this:
YES PEOPLE, IT WAS BY CHANCE THAT I SAW THAT. So last night I recruited like 10 people to help us try to get tickets to Fallon when we’re there in August. We gave them explicit instructions on how to do it, and figured we’d just all try at the same time. I was pretty sure that they go really fast, and you have to just happen to click on it at the right time. I figured it was a LONG SHOT, but what the hell. We had to try!

Refresh Refresh Refresh

So This morning I did nothing but refresh the Fallon page from about 10 am to 10:30, as did Lauren. We knew that in order to get tickets online you were going to have to be on the website AT 10:30 sharp. Once 10:30 hit, a lot of us got redirected to an "error" page. Those people are basically the people that don't even make it off the platform in the Hunger Games. About 5 of us (including me) were directed to this “queue” page…it was an automated page saying that we had a spot in line and not to exit from the window or else we’d lose our spot. It also said it would redirect us once it was either a. our turn or b. sold out. I reached this page first, at about 10:35. I kept that open for about 5 minutes, and then it redirected me to the calendar page. I found August 14 and RAPIDFIRE clicked it and filled out all of the information. It only gives you 9 minutes to fill everything out, and I've read stories about people losing their tickets while they're filling everything out because they took too long and other people swooped in and filled them out faster. We thought you were going to need the name and information of everyone in your party, but you don't. You just need information for one person. I wish I could tell you how many days were already empty when I got into the "pick your dates" section, but I was moving so fast that I didn't take the time to make note of anything.

Order Confirmed - Commence National Klew Day. 

I FREAKED OUT when I got to the confirmation page that said “congratulations! your order has been confirmed!”

WE DID IT. WE GOT TICKETS TO FALLON! OMG!



I still can’t believe it. So on August 14th I’m probably going to have Pizza for lunch, go see Fallon, then go straight to see Cinderella. They might as well re-name it National Klew Day. It's all of my favorite things in one day. I am over the moon.

Who's the guest going to be? 


So now, we're speculating who we think the guest will be. We've been looking up movies releasing around that time, and trying to cross of people we know it WON'T be, since they were just on the show. (One Direction has a concert that night, so it's not going to be them. Don't worry. First thing we checked.)

I have a ton of people that I hope it will be, but frankly I don't really care. WE'RE GOING TO SEE JIMMY FALLON YOU GUYS! THIS IS AMAZING!

Stay tuned for stories of our adventures. I'll write another post about the show! WEEE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment